Mythic G'huun

We knew we had the gear this time so we extended and went for it. He took us 181 pulls for US 56. I can't say we didn't make mistakes with our strategy that cost us some extra time, but that's part of learning. What I do really value is how we overcame our mistakes and finished this boss off as the top strict 9-hour raid team in the US. I couldn't ask for a better team that held each other together despite the frustrations this tier had. Tensions certainly got high, but we never tore at each other.

As the 4-year anniversary of Nascent nears I want to briefly reflect on where we came from. I started with 5 old school raiders from our past existence and set out to clear the most difficult content without spending a significant portion of my weekly life to do so. I was also adamant that I never wanted to raid in a toxic environment that so many hardcore guilds foster. We have gone from wiping on Heroic bosses in Highmaul to progressing higher and higher, every single subsequent tier, culminating as one of the best casual raid teams in the US. All while keeping a strong and healthy friendship across the entire team. There are too many people to thank for getting us here today. I am so proud of what this team has both become and accomplished.

We learned a lot this tier, and we will take that with us moving forward to keep improving. That's been our goal from day one. BlizzCon 2018 is a week away and many of us plan to attend. If you're a friend, long-time fan, or just want to say hi... come meet us!

Now for some shoutouts.
  • The biggest shoutout I can give to @Nicecrits for being the rock of our healing team for the better part of 3-years. I am so happy I reached out to you on your forum post so long ago. I hope we were everything you wanted in a raid team. This couldn't have happened without you.
  • Shoutout to @Sharkaphor for finally being there for an end-boss kill and for being a constant critic of our strategy. Your positivity keeps our chins up.
  • Shoutout to my officers @Treefee @Scrogg for putting up with my endless dissatisfaction. Through it all you have been critical to our success.
  • Shoutout to @Rednot and @Lucid for the main swaps mid-tier. I greatly appreciate your dedication to this team.
  • Shoutout to @Synybun for being one of the most talented players I've ever had the pleasure of raiding with. You are a constant source of inspiration.
  • Shoutout to @Orderken for tirelessly putting forth all your effort to supply our team with custom weakauras for progression.
  • Shoutout to @Fanoomy for being so consistent and informed throughout all of progression. Your versatility and insights are amazing.
  • Shoutout to @Juxi for being the second most tenured raider on the team. Your play and your wisdom are a constant blessing to the team.
  • Shoutout to @Suture for being our dedicated swing heal this tier amid tuning issues for Shadow. You were instrumental to our success.
  • Shoutout to @Raquel for being such a breath of fresh air. You inspire me to be a better friend and to better understand those outside the team.
  • Shoutout to everyone new on the team for believing in what we've built and doing your part to ensure our success.
  • Shoutout to every raider, past and present, that have contributed to where we currently stand. You are part of this legacy. Thank you.
  • Shoutout to every fan and friend of Nascent for giving us support and words of encouragement
  • Shoutout to all of our competition, both on and off-server, for pushing us to be better players
Lastly: we are recruiting. We have an opening for a healer and ranged DPS. Please check out our class needs on the side widget and apply today if you want to be a part of our amazing team. I guarantee it will change your opinion of what a raid team can be.

We'll see you all in the next raid.

Attachments

• ghuun.png
    ghuun.png
    759.6 KB · Views: 5,965