Dobi

Guild Master
Officer
Exalted
Team 9
Old School
Jul 28, 2012
Seattle, WA
He is finally dead. We have raided for nearly 10 months straight without a break. We only started mythics after reforming Nascent in February of last year. We played behind this entire expansion. We never gave up. We never broke our 9 hour raid week. I knew it was possible to see all the content high-end raiding has to offer without spending large amounts of time, and we proved that this expansion.

I was ready to write this a week ago, but we as a raid group needed to learn a few more things first. Even with an ilvl bump you can't half-ass the mechanics. You can't not DPS the right targets. You can't waste a battle rez. Having said that, even a week late, I'm proud of what we have accomplished and how far we have come. Finishing at US 182 is an incredible feat. We beat out many more established guilds and many that raid more hours.

I like to believe we operate a lot differently from other guilds with our open feedback policy, completely performance driven raid roster, and rank progression. Watching my raiders grow over the last 10 months has been an incredible thing to behold. I never expected to find so many diamonds in the rough. I can be unbearable at times, but I like to think everybody in this guild is a better player because of it, and I certainly have had my growing pains leading us along the way.

But enough with the sappy monologue- this is just the beginning for Nascent. Over the next few months you will see us completely revitalize our public image. You will see our kill videos and get some insight into how we operate and play. We started this expansion on the back foot. It was a good warm-up. Legion is next and we are thirsty for an even better US ranking.

Our recruitment is completely open for Legion. Our buddy rank is also open to anybody who simply wants to enjoy our company and run CMs, keystones (in legion), alt raids, PVP, and much more. If you want a place to call home with some incredible players, a place that is more than just some bodies throwing themselves at a boss, then well... why look any further.

Shout outs? Sure why the hell not.

Shout out to Juxi for being my other half this raid tier and for being the best player I've ever raided with.
Shout out to Voreg for talking shop with me and helping me see through the hard times this past year.
Shout out to Nicecrits for easily being one of the best healers I've ever raided with.
Shout out to Lissidia for both hating me and loving me enough to give this guild a chance.
Shout out to the Hansen brothers for never giving up.
Shout out to Merodas for never being happy and mentoring our beloved Trial.
Shout out to Mebad for really helping get this guild off the ground- sorry you couldn't be here for the kill.
Shout out to my brother Arcit for carrying the shit out of our healing roster through Highmaul and BRF.
Shout out to every Nascent who came back and gave this guild a shot.
Shout out to every raider we lost this year, both good and bad, as we wouldn't be here without you.
Shout out to every raider who sat on the bench and cheered us on. You made this happen.
Shout out to Blizzard for shamans still being shitty.

I'm so done analyzing logs. See you in Legion.

Attachments

• WoWScrnShot_010616_222754.jpg
    WoWScrnShot_010616_222754.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 722

Enchaladito

half nigga, half yogurt
Buddy
May 27, 2015
I am so happy after what we accomplished today. Really nice job everyone for coming together as a team and doing this!

Reactions: Trill

Ons

Historian Extraordinaire!
Buddy
Old School
Jul 28, 2012
Remember those early months? Barely getting 10-12 people together... You had this crazy idea of reforming a guild from the days of old. It's been a long struggle for you, but not only have you achieved success in remaking that guild, you've made it better, stronger and made it into something more, a community. Old veterans, friends and new faces all together under the Nascent banner.

Well done, Jacob. My hat off to you.

trainreq

Buddy
Jan 13, 2015
Good job motherfuckers. Maybe I'll have to come back and give Legion a whirl when the time comes, as long as there's room for a stoned rogue in your group.

Reactions: Afevix and Merodas

Kravotir

Sleepy Kitty
Buddy
Dec 11, 2014
Canada
Good job motherfuckers. Maybe I'll have to come back and give Legion a whirl when the time comes, as long as there's room for a stoned rogue in your group.
Holy shit you exist!

trainreq

Buddy
Jan 13, 2015
Holy shit you exist!
Oh yeah, I'm still around. I've been keeping tabs on Nascent since March. You guys sure know how to pick an apt guild name.

Turtledunkz

Benedict Cumberdunkz
Ex-Raider
Buddy
Feb 9, 2015
Washington
Oh yeah, I'm still around. I've been keeping tabs on Nascent since March. You guys sure know how to pick an apt guild name.
Don't worry Trainreq. I am the weed.

Mebad

Virtual God
Buddy
Nov 20, 2014
Oklahoma City
When do you come back?

trainreq

Buddy
Jan 13, 2015
When do you come back?
That's the million dollar question it seems. Before Legion for sure as I'd like to try the Hellfire Citadel patch. I'll be sure to let somebody know beforehand.

Reactions: Mebad